Pages

3.01.2011

Redemption is Sweet...

Well... Chicken Marsala went MUCH better than gnocchi! :)

Tonight's culinary exploit was pretty easy and tasty.  It actually tasted pretty close to what you get in a restaurant with less creaminess because it was a "lighter" version.

The recipe had a great mix of mushrooms, shallots, and peas... plus a bit of asparagus that I added. 

The only real trouble I had was getting my sauce to reduce.  Even though I simmered it the appropriate amount of time, it didn't seem to want to reduce.  Therefore, when I added the butter and half and half to thicken it slightly it was still quite runny.  This made it hard to eat over the pasta.  But, like I said, still tasty. 

All in all, I was very pleased with the endeavor and hope to continue on this upward track.

For the full recipe, check out http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000000549748.

My only recommendation would be to add some cheese on top... but that doesn't really contribute to the "lighter" version, now does it? 

Next up... A salmon dish with gouda cheese... Sounds gouda, huh?  (sorry I couldn't resist!)

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously so impressed. Especially after our little burnt chicken fiasco on Sunday. How embarrassing. :) But seriously - I can't believe you are making all these great meals! Maybe we should have cooking time together too! Cooking and crafting...we can alternate.

    ReplyDelete