Pages

11.10.2011

38 Week Update and October Snow...

I realize that this post was "so 2 weeks ago," but I'm never good about getting things up quickly... but I still wanted to document this event.

Virginia (and much of the eastern coast of the US) experienced a rather strange October snow 2 Saturdays ago.  We were prepared for it, and quite honestly didn't get much, but it was still really cool to have pictures of us walking Frosty in the snow IN OCTOBER.




True to her name, Frosty LOVES the snow!


Our morning started rather early because once we saw the snow falling we really just wanted to go get out in it before it all stopped and/or melted!  We began by taking Frosty for a walk because the sidewalks didn't really have snow sticking to them.  HOWEVER, they were still very slick with a slushy coating and seeing as how I was 38 weeks pregnant at the time we decided a walk was probably not the best choice.  So we went back to our house and just played around/took pictures.

Frosty REALLY loves to have snow thrown up in the air while she jumps at it or chases it, so we had fun playing in the snow with her for awhile.

Doesn't she look so happy?  Almost like she is smiling...

I personally just liked looking at how everything looked.  I have a rose bush in the backyard, and during the week prior to the snow I had SO many roses blooming/about to bloom.  It was crazy to see those beautiful flowers covered in snow!


Can you tell how many buds and blooms the bush had?

I, of course, also had to get a picture of my baby belly!  I mean, really, who'd have thought that with Nov. 11th as a due date I would get a picture of me in SNOW without leaving Virginia?!  Notice in the picture how my coat is open because I couldn't zip it up!  I could snap it, however, when I bet over at one point ALL of the snaps popped open!  So I just went with open coat for the rest of the day!


Finally, we attempted to get some family photos in the snow.  Here is how they turned out:

In Frosty's eyes, this is probably a pretty accurate family photo... She's the star!

This one is a bit better, but poor Frosty barely made it in!

MUCH easier to take a photo when no one is trying to hold a dog!

Todd and his furry baby.

After morning fun in the snow, we decided to go out and try to get some pumpkins.  Even though we were pretty sure our friends' pumpkin carving party would be cancelled (which sadly it was) we figured we'd still carve them at home anyway... a fun snow day activity, right?  WRONG... apparently the weekend before Halloween is NOT the best time to go out and get pumpkins... after a trip to WalMart, Martins, and Food Lion we were pumpkin-less.  However, Todd made a good point when he said "So the weekend before Halloween I can't find buy a pumpkin... but I can by WRAPPING PAPER for CHRISTMAS!"  True that.  The stores were fully stocked and ready for Christmas... ugh... it's a bit early in my opinion.

Alas, we came home with no pumpkins and with Todd coming down with a cold.  So we hunkered (sp?) down for the day/night and watched movies, ate soup and stayed inside.  By Saturday night/Sunday most of the snow was melted, but we still stayed in and stayed lazy! 

My Monday (Halloween) you'd hardly have known it had snowed... but there were still very trace amounts left on the ground as tricker-treaters made their way around the neighborhood... a first for me!

And just for good measure, here was the picture we had taken the night before as my "official" 38 weeks baby belly photo...

This was NOT staged... but isn't it ridiculously cute how she is staring up at my belly??

So two weeks late, you have my 38 week update.  Tomorrow I will be 40 weeks!  Whoa... that's supposed to be the end of a pregnancy, right?  Apparently Baby Boy Narcross did NOT get the memo... though I suppose there is still time.  We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. I love that we are both home (although I don't love the fact that we're both sick...) and that we both updated our blogs! What else are sick days for?! :)

    Here's hoping baby boy comes soon!

    ReplyDelete