Pages

6.28.2012

Make it Monday #2: Mexican Style

Again this week, I am linking up with Ashley over at



The Polluck Potluck

for MAKE IT MONDAY!
A bit late, I know!


Tonight for dinner I used some more of my Pinterest pins to plan a menu.  As inspiration (or should I say pinsperation), I used these pins:

Taco Pie
Source: manteresting.com via Erica on Pinterest


Mexican Rice 
(Like you get at a Mexican restaurant)
Source: food-pusher.blogspot.com via Erica on Pinterest

Now, when I say inspiration I really mean it, because I didn't follow exact recipes, I simply used them to create my own thing.  Now the first pin (for taco pie) didn't link to a recipe, so I did google it go figure out what was in it.  Basically it was, pie crust, taco beef, cheese, lettuce and tomato.  I changed it up a little.


I used a frozen pie shell and then layered it with refried beans.
Then I put in a layer of cooked beef seasoned with taco seasoning
and then sharp cheddar cheese.
I baked that @ 350 for 15 minutes.  
In hindsight, I realize I should have baked it a little more... 
the crust was a bit mushy.
Next, I added a layer of lettuce, tomatoes and crushed tortilla chips.
I served this Taco Pie with a side of peppers stuffed with the rice.
I didn't follow the rice recipe... 
I simply added a cup of salsa and
some taco seasoning to the already cooked rice.
I did microwave the peppers for about 4 minutes before stuffing them.
I baked them at the same time as the pie... 

maybe why the crust wasn't quite done.
I finished the pie off with a dollop of sour cream...
And like any good pie, it completely fell apart upon serving!
Notice how this meal was NOT fancy enough to serve on real plates :)

Overall, it was a great meal!  You should try it yourself...
put those pins to use! :)

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am trying this taco pie soon! :)

    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete