Pages

12.22.2011

Midweek Confessions


So I am a day late linking up to "Midweek Confessions" over at E, Myself, and I... but oh well... Thursday is still midweek, right?

So this is my first time linking up and I've decided to go with midweek confessions, Christmas style... I'm a little too new to this to do any MAJOR mommy confessions! :)

So here goes...

1.  I absolutely HATE when people mix colored lights, white lights, big bulbs, little bulbs, flashing lights, not flashing lights, etc. when decorating their homes for Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas lights outside, but stick with ONE theme.

2.  It hit me when complaining about #1 to my husband, that maybe people that mix lights do it because their children get to pick what goes outside.  You know, one wants colored lights on the door and the other wants white lights on the tree, and another wants lights that flash... and if this is the case, I'm sorry for complaining... but if it is not, RETHINK your decorating.

3.  My dog currently has more Christmas presents than my child.  Granted, Thomas is only going to be 6-weeks old on Christmas, but still...



4.  Notice the SIZE difference between the two stockings in the picture above.  We're so cheap we are waiting until AFTER Christmas to get Thomas a real stocking! 

5.  This is the first year in a LONG time I didn't do any baking.  I believe I have a good reason for that, but still, it was kinda weird.  Todd and I did enjoy making Chex mix for some coworkers, but that's not really  baking...

6.  We are most likely going to go "A Christmas Story" style this year and get Chinese food for Chirstmas dinner... for the SECOND year in a row!  Last year we were on "Christmas Layover" between Todd's parents and my parents, this year we're not traveling, and it's the ONLY thing open on Christmas... FRA RA RA RA RA! 

Do you have any midweek confessions you'd like to share?  Leave a comment! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great list... Our dog's stocking is way bigger than Sam's too - oh well! :) Enjoy your first Christmas with your sweet boy - so much fun! Thanks for joining in! E

    ReplyDelete