Pages

1.12.2011

Snow Much For That...

Snow where is the snow?  We got about maybe (maybe) an inch here.  But we almost got out for a summer flood day... WHAT?  Exactly...


At about 5 this morning I woke up and could not fall back asleep.  Either because I was in such anticipation of a phone call telling us about a delay/closing or what... I don't know....


At about 5:30 I decided to turn on the TV and see if anything was closed because our road (here in Frederick County) was totally still white.  Well, Frederick County was listed as closed and Shenandoah was listed as 2-hour delay... not bad.


So I tried to go back to sleep to wait for the official phone call.  Well, apparently Ms. Honeywell (aka the Honeywell system) is no longer being used for such phone calls, and now it is Mr. Global Connect.  Well apparently Mr. Global Connect is CRAZY because at about 6 the phone rang with a message that said "Schools will be closed today, August 26th due to flooding..."  WHAT?  That's obviously not right...


But it gave me a little hope that maybe we had been switched to closed.  No such luck.  About 15 minutes late we got another call saying due to a glitch a wrong message had been sent out.  SCPS would be operating on a 2-hour delay. 


Well... ok... it's official... back to sleep for 2 more hours, right?  WRONG.  I couldn't sleep.  Ugh.  So at 6:30 I decided to get up and do the Shred with good ol' Jillian.  It was brutal... but I survived. 


Afterwards I decided to totally forgo any chance of extra sleep and watched last night's The Biggest Loser with Frosty.  Turns out it is WAY more fun to watch Jillian kick other people's butts then to actually have her kick mine!


So now, at just after 9 I am headed into school with no extra sleep (actually less than usual) but it's ok because we have less hours of school and tonight we're having friends over!  YAY (this is your official shout out Kylene and Emily).  :)


If you live somewhere where actual accumulating snow fell, enjoy it and be safe.   If not, enjoy your normal day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment