Pages

1.08.2011

So here goes... New Year's Resolutions

Whether I really need to or not, I decided to start blogging today.  I figured it was a way that friends and family could keep up with our lives.  I will try to keep it from being TOO boring... but we'll see.

Todd and I have started the year off both being sick... a sinus infection for me and a cold for him (hopefully not anything more).  But despite my sickness I have stuck pretty well to my New Year's Resolutions.  I was one of the many American's who resolved to get fit this year and made these resolutions:
1.  Work-out more often.
2.  Try to eat better (specifically, not eat so many sweets).
3.  Walk/Jog 365 miles by the end of the year.

The third one I stole from my sister-in-law, Alissa, and we have been texting to hold each other accountable.  Currently I am one mile behind the mile-a-day goal but hopefully I will catch up today.   We've also gotten Todd's aunt on board and I would love for more people to join us.  With only a week gone in the new year, it's not too late to set the goal!

I have also been doing the "Jillian Michael's Shred" DVD since the beginning of the year (woo - all 8 days).  I've done it 7 of the 8 days and it is kicking my butt!  For those of you who have not tried it... it is KILLER!  However, it does seem effective and I am already finding that it's getting easier.  But I'm still feeling pain and soreness in my muscles...

For the first three days I literally had to brace myself everytime I sat down in a chair!  Now I just have a mild pain and a feeling of accomplishment!

I have nothing else interesting to say on this.... so I will be done.  I will be posting periodically in order to let anyone reading this (all 2 of you probably) know how the resolutions are progressing. 

If you're interested in joining in on the 365 miles this year, let me know and I will text you encouragement and accountability. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good for you! You are going to be so healthy! I really like your 365 mile goal...but don't know if I'm brave enough to join you!

    I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete