Pages

8.28.2011

29 Week Update... and Puzzling Meltdowns

Well, so much for my 28 week update!  The week caught up to me, and before I knew it, it was time for a 29 week update instead of a 28 week!  I was officially 29 weeks on Friday, and am still enjoying pregnancy despite some new not so fun symptoms.  This past week I have really started having swollen feet by the end of the day.  My leg just goes straight to foot with no real ankle in between!  I am contributing this to my return to work and sitting at my desk a lot in the last few days. 

Well, without further ado, here are my week 29 pictures...

If you can't tell, my shirt says "Growing and Growing," which my belly TOTALLY is doing!

So my back is totally killing me most of the time from carrying around my ever growing belly... imagine that!
So other than going back to work, Todd and I have been filling our time with doing puzzles this week.  We put together a large "North American Sports History" puzzle a few years ago which now is framed and hanging over our fireplace in our family room.  Well, last week we decided to go buy a new puzzle because we remembered how we had enjoyed putting that one together.  Todd found a very cool puzzle that was all crushed cans at Goodwill, which proved to be VERY difficult.  When we assembled the edge pieces, we realized some were missing, and it kinda took some of the fun of doing the puzzle away.  I mean, how fun can it be if you know you're missing pieces.  But we kept at it...

...until I found TWO AWESOME sports puzzles at a thrift store up in Winchester.  They are from the same company as our original sports history one, and one was all about baseball and the other was everything football.  We decided to start with the baseball one.  We had a good time working on it, but in the end it was missing 5 pieces.  We felt accomplished, and really loved it, but still... an incomplete puzzle is kinda sad.



Well yesterday we started on the football puzzle.  As we were sorting through the pieces looking for the edges, I dropped one on the floor.  Before we could stop her, Frosty snatched it up and ate it!  I was really upset because as I mentioned above, puzzles are not as fun when you know you're missing a piece.  And, of course, since I am pregnant, this let to a full blown crying meltdown!  Before I could stop myself, I was SOBBING and muttering incoherently about how it was all my fault that we were going to have an incomplete puzzle.  Poor Todd was just left there, patting my back, trying to calm me down, and trying to comfort me by telling me it was ok and no big deal (however, I was inconsolable, because when you're pregnant apparently ANYTHING can seem like a HUGE deal).  

Eventually I was able to pull myself together and we kept on working.  The whole time I kept saying things like "You realize that with this one we're only going to be missing ONE piece, right?" and as we got closer to finishing it became more and more likely that this was, in fact, the case. 

And, that is exactly what happened.  We finished the puzzle with 999 pieces, and only ONE missing.  One lonely piece that I dropped on the floor... luckily, this did not lead to another melt down... because...

...as some sort of comic relief, it turned out that the piece I had dropped and that had been gobbled up by Frosty turned out to be the piece that had the Terrible Towel right on it!  (If you don't know, the Terrible Towel is a symbol of Steelers love, and we in the Narcross house are NOT Steeler's fans).  In the end, we could only really laugh that her little snack was such an icon piece... and of course, we couldn't really be mad! :)


A close up of Frosty's Puzzling Snack... Half of Heinz Ward's face and most of the Terrible Towel will never make it into the puzzle.

But really, could you be mad at this face??

1 comment:

  1. 1. That is really funny but also really sad that you had a meltdown over a puzzle piece. I'm glad it worked out in the end.
    2. Yay for Baby Boy Narcross! :) We can't wait to meet him and to tell him how awesome his next door neighbors are.
    3. We really want to have you guys over for dinner/games SOON. If only life wasn't so, so crazy! We will soon though! :)

    ReplyDelete