Pages

8.21.2011

Roommate Reunion, Yard Crawl, and Delicious Food: Part 2, Saturday Morning

After a night of fun talking and eating Banana Split Trifle with Claire, we woke up early Saturday morning ready to conquer the Yard Crawl...

...Pregnancy side note: I woke up SUPER early that morning because as I told everyone at breakfast, "someone I sleep with decided to apparently do acrobatics starting at 5 in the morning."  Which prompted both my mom and Claire to quizzically look at Todd... No!  Not him... the little man who sleeps in my belly! :)

Anywho... so we took two cars because we knew my other roommate, Emily, and her husband Michael would be arriving at some point in the morning, so we'd need two cars in the end.  My parents drove themselves and then Claire, Todd, and I went together.  We drove down to Tom's Brook and worked our way up.  Here are some of the more unusual finds we discovered along the way... (thank you @clairecraft for the pictures). 
Seriously??  We believe this is an old school birthing table (note the foot holders)... the creepy dolls really are a nice touch, huh?  As a friend mentioned, if we had bought this we could have had a home birth.... AHHHH!
For only $600, Claire could have had her very own carousel horse.  The lady selling it did suggest she get on it... I REALLY wish she had! :)

When I saw this and started to read it, I expected it to be serious and possibly gag-inducing.  Instead, it made me BURST OUT LAUGHING (seriously, for a good minute or so) thus I, OF COURSE, had to buy it!

We also saw some live chickens (not sure if they were for sale or not), some Chihuahua puppies (they were for sale), an many other antiques that weren't quite as exciting as the birthing table.  In the end, I walked away with mostly baby clothes and other baby things. 

Emily and Michael arrived about 3 hours into our adventure, and we were only able to enjoy about another hour after they arrived (despite it being MUCH cooler than it had been recently, I still was BURNING HOT and EXHAUSTED after 4 hours).  My parents, however, didn't get home for about another 2 hours after us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment