Pages

7.16.2011

23 Week Update

As of yesterday, I am officially 23 weeks pregnant.  While I feel like my belly is still big, it doesn't seem to be getting much bigger.  It seems it really "popped" quickly, and is slowing down a bit now.


Basically I wear the same yoga pants EVERYDAY!

I am now feeling TONS of baby movement!  It's so fun!  Almost two weeks ago we felt the first movement that was noticable from the outside.  Todd was right there, so I was able to pull his hand over so he could feel it!  So cute.  Now, Baby Boy Narcross seems to move a lot!  I was wondering why he was kicking so much, but when I googled it, I learned that at this point it could be just him moving around or that he has hiccups!  How cute is that?  Today he may have had hiccups because the tv remote was laying on my belly, and I could actually see it shake every once in a while when I felt a thump!  I told Todd it's kinda feels like I am popping popcorn in my belly!  HAHA!

As for the belly, I have noticed it seems to get in the way more.  Yesterday I was making cookies and managed to have cookie mix (dry) all over my belly when I was done!  I mean, I sometimes get flour on me when I am baking... but not this much!  Also yesterday I realized how hard it is for me to pull up to the table to eat... I have to sit back pretty far (granted, I also sit with a pillow in my table chair, so that makes me come forward more than normal)...  Which brings me to...

Back pain!  Ugh... that is my most prominent symptom at this point.  I have to sit with a pillow behind my back most of the time.  Luckily, I found a pretty good sized pillow at Pier One which is comfortable, though SERIOUSLY UGLY.  I mean really, world's ugliest pillow...
Is anyone really surprised that this pillow was on super clearance??

...but Frosty LOVES it.  She keeps looking at it longingly.  I think she loves the little nubs on it... she probably thinks they would be SUPER fun to chew on!  But she's not going to have a chance... hopefully.  I keep it covered with a pillow case most of the time so that she doesn't have to be tempted by it! :)

Other than the back pain my only other complaint is the heat.  Despite other people thinking it's not too hot this summer, I seem to be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hot ALL THE TIME!  But Todd and I have been keeping up with our morning and evening walks (sometimes NIGHT, not evening to avoid any remaining heat) so that has been wonderful. 

And just for kicks and giggles, here is a Funny Frosty Photo (or Foto, if you prefer)... When I came down from bed yesterday morning this was how she was laying in her crate.

I mean really, can that possibly be comfrotable??
HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment