Pages

7.17.2011

Sweet Sunday Recipe

A few weeks ago, I went into a very major baking frenzy.  I was in the middle of reading a Hannah Swensen novel by Joanna Fluke.  This is a series of novels about a baker who also solves crimes.  Totally cheesy, but fun!  One of the best parts of the books, though, is that they contain delicious recipes. 

So on this particular day, I decided to try out a few before I had to return the book to the library (yes, I am totally a library geek).  I made chocolate chip shortbread cookies, molasses raisin cookies, and butterscotch bars.  But it was actually a recipe that I pulled off the back of the sugar bag that I am going to share today, because they ended up being my favorite!  So here it is, a sweet Sunday treat recipe...

Peanut Butter Swirl Bars
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/3 c. light brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pkg chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and spread into a greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.  Bake for 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and use a knife to "marbleize" the melted chocolate chips.  Return to the oven and bake another 25 minutes.

Now, my only suggestion would be to use a bit more peanut butter, because I didn't find that these were super peanut buttery... but they were still delicious.  And with the marbleized chocolate chips on top, they really are attractive!  Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture, so I can't share that with you!

Todd and I really enjoyed these, and they went faster than most of my other treats from that day.  Hope you enjoy and have a sweet Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, yay!! Thanks for posting a recipe and giving my blog a shout out. :) This recipe looks insaaanely good, especially since I am a lover of all things peanut butter. I can't wait to make these!

    By the way, you are looking beautiful and radiant carrying that sweet baby boy! Keep the picture updates coming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these the ones you made and shared with us? Because those were soooooo good! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I really need to get your butterscotch bars recipe too. Yummmmm.

    I love the sweet Sunday's idea! How fun is that! Your blog is looking so good with all your fun things!

    ReplyDelete