Pages

9.23.2011

33 Week Update and Surprise Baby Shower...

Well, here we are...  33 weeks into my pregnancy...  Hitting the home stretch... 

Things are going well, but everyday I feel like I am growing more gigantic, more exhausted, more sore... and yet, I'm not hating it!  I really am enjoying the pregnancy experience.  I love feeling my little guy move and roll (and have the hiccups), though today they started getting a little painful. 

Though I have little to complain about, my biggest complaint is the fact that my belly is SOOOO itchy recently!  I am having to constantly slather lotion on it, and luckily that is helping keep it at bay.  But sometimes, it is nearly unbearable. 

Here is the picture from this morning.  Maybe I should not take the pictures in the morning because I feel like this doesn't look so good.  Oh well... it is what it is. 


Well the last two weeks have been busy, busy, busy!  Two weeks ago we started back up with our small group at church as well as starting childbirth classes.  So far, both have been very good!  In our small group, we're reading a book by Joseph Prince, and it looks like it's going to be excellent.  Childbirth class has been... informative, I suppose.  We're learning a lot about what the actual labor and delivery will be like.  And while it is kinda scaring me, I do feel that it's good to have a clue!  Last week we did a "game" where we had to roll dice to figure out how long we would be in early labor, active labor, and pushing...  I had a total of 29 hours in the end!!  WHOA.  Todd's reaction was... "well, there goes my birthing plan..."  You know, in his perfect brain the birth of our child is more like 2 hours long and MOST DEFINITELY not on a football Saturday or Sunday.  Can't miss a Hokies or Redskins game! :)

The highlight of our last two weeks was for sure our trip to Maryland for Jeff's (Todd's brother) birthday party.  Turns out, it was NOT a birthday party but instead a SURPRISE BABY SHOWER!!  And by surprise, I don't mean a little surprised... I mean TOTALLY surprised!   I had NO idea.  In fact, even as "surprise" was being shouted out at me, I still didn't quite comprehend that it was for me! 

Todd's mom and sister put on a beautiful shower for me full of games, gifts, great company, and GREAT food!  Many of the spouses of the ladies at the shower came and hung out/watched football with Todd and his dad and brother.  Then, when the shower was over we had a big cookout with even more great food!  (Can you tell I'm hungry a lot and am really enjoying food these days??)  We had such a great time getting to talk to family and friends! 


Just one of the delicious food items... a cupcake cake!
It was truly a great time!  Thank you to Shelly and Hannah for such a special day!  :)


1 comment:

  1. Awww, that sounds like it was soooo much fun! Is this the same birthday party you guys were talking about when we were visiting you? Hehe. :) It's so nice to be truly surprised once in a while. You're looking good and in the homestretch now! Oh, and I can totally remember the itching belly like it was yesterday. Won't be long until your baby boy is here, though! ;) So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete