Pages

9.10.2011

Hello Fall!

As you can see from the new blog design, I am totally ready for fall!  Despite it's awesomeness, fall tends to not be considered when you ask someone what their favorite season is.  I mean, doesn't it seem like fall is just the outsider of the seasons... summer brings no school and vacations for many, winter brings snow, and spring brings relief from winter, warm temperatures, and beautiful flowers.  Poor old fall just seems to get overlooked... but I really love the season.

Here are some of the things I am looking forward to this fall:

Hokie Football

Tailgating and cornhole... such fun!


When College Gameday rolled into Blacksburg


Anyone who knows us, knows that Todd and I are diehard Hokie fans (I mean, for real, we have a guest room and guest bathroom decorated entirely in VT stuff)!  We love to dress up in all our Tech gear and cheer on our team.  While it's been awhile since we've been to a game (and I can assure you we won't be making it to one this season), we still enjoy sitting and watching the Hokies play. 

This year we are both particularly excited to be able to dress our little guy up in all his cute Hokie gear.  He'll be making his arrival in time for the big Tech/UVA game... Always a good time!

Corn Mazes

Emily & Richard, Kylene & Nate, and Us at the Corn Maze in Mt. Jackson

The boys desperately trying to find our way out...

I mean seriously, fall gets props just for causing such pictures as this one! :)

Todd and I have always enjoyed a good corn maze!  Last year we went to the one in Mt. Jackson with friends, and had a great time.  We also went to one in Maryland with Todd's family that was cut into the shape of the Redskins logo.  Not only are corn mazes fun, but they are also AMAZING...

And while it might be a little more difficult for me to maneuver my way through one this year, I totally plan on going.  It just might have to be earlier in the season rather than later.

...plus, being the corn ball I am, I always get a kick out of telling people I am going to a maize maze, HA!

Apples and Pumpkins

A day of Pumpkin & Apple Picking at Marker Miller
Apple picking, apple pie, apple crisp, sliced apples, apple sauce, caramel apples (covered with entire Snicker bars even), baked apples, apple turnovers, apple cake, apple muffins, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin dip... need I say more?

This fall I am particularly excited to try out a recipe from my friend Kim's blog for pumpkin granola... yum!

Thanksgiving

Who doesn't love Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving?  Seriously... the part when Woodstock accidentally toasts and butters Snoopy's ear is COMPLETELY HILARIOUS!
While it looks as though this Thanksgiving is going to be a completely different one than ever before, I know Todd and I will still enjoy the holiday (what is their to be Thankful for more than the fact that our little guy will be here by then)!  For the past two years, we've hosted Thanksgiving for Todd's family and my family here, but it looks as though that might not be the case this year.  So while we may not be seeing our family, I know we'll be making our own very special memories.  Plus, we've already got the cutest "My 1st Thanksgiving" onsie for the little guy! :)

And of course, the thing I am most looking forward to this fall is
THE ARRIVAL OF BABY BOY NARCROSS!
ETA: 11/11/11

Right in time for the end of football season and Thanksgiving.

...but I'm not going to lie, if he arrives in time for his 1st Halloween, I'lll be ok with that! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your new updated fall look! Very fun! And what a fun post. I am so excited for the fall too - it is my most favorite season!

    We're excited to hopefully do some of these fun fall things with you and Todd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look! Anything Fall-related is a winner in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete