Pages

9.27.2011

Our Lil' Guy's First Baseball Game

This weekend Todd and I had quite the adventure going to a Nationals game in DC.  They were playing the Braves, and since they are Todd's favorite team, I decided to join him for a day out at the ballpark.  The weather turned out to be beautiful (we had originally planned on not going since it was supposed to rain all day) and I was comfortable in my jeans and tank top most of the day.  It was a little too hot to wear my Braves jersey during most of the game... but I had to at least sport it for some pictures!  I mean, how often am I going to have the chance to wear this really??  I bought it at a yard sale for 50 cents early in the spring, and when we decided to go to the game, I just knew I had to wear it... despite the fact that I couldn't button it! :)

Todd's signature "holding the camera out and taking our picture" pose.


The baby bump at 33 weeks.  Notice the inability of the jersey to button.


A view from our seats... they were pretty high up... Luckily there was an escalator, or I may have not made it!

The real adventure started when we made our way home on the metro.  We had driven to Vienna and from there taken the metro to the stadium.  We left the park at around 4:00 after the game and didn't make it back to the Vienna metro station until 6:30!

Our train was stopped not long after leaving the stadium.  Despite being told MANY times that we would be "moving momentarily,"  we were stuck for probably about 20-30 minutes.  Luckily, I was in a seat the whole time.  Todd had to stand, but since he's not 7 months pregnant, I don't feel too bad for him! :)

We discovered that on the new metro trains (and maybe on the old ones too, but we were on a new one) there is something under the middle section of seats that has to be "charged."  We're not sure what it was, or if it is only in one car... but a man came racing into our car, got everyone up from the seats directly beside us, and then got on his radio to say that "it has been charged."  It was a little nerve-wracking to have no idea what was going on, but luckily we got moving after not too long!  In the end, it turned out we were literally about 50 feet out of the next station.  And considering we were in one of the back cars, we're assuming the front cars were probably at the station the whole time we were stopped!  That would have been annoying.

When we pulled into the next metro station, we were all required to get off the train.  We then had to wait about 5-10 minutes for another train to come by.  This one was PACKED.  I mean, seriously!  Like when the Amazing Race goes to India packed!!!  So we decided to not even try to get on it... I was not liking the idea of being packed onto a train at 7 months pregnant for MANY stations that were between us and Vienna. 

Turns out we made a good choice... because about 5 minutes later they sent an empty train that was going to go to Vienna!  It was a new train too, and it was well air conditioned and we were both able to get a seat!  Then we just had to make our way to Vienna... which didn't take too long.

It was quite an adventure!  We had a great time and were lucky enough that our wonderful neighbors (we love you guys, Emily and Richard) could let Frosty out so she could pee pee.  In fact, they were so amazing they even took her for a walk with their little cutie dog, Carly. :)

And that, my friends, is how we spent our Saturday afternoon, evening, and into the night... Hope you all had a great weekend, too!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I was wondering why you went into the city. I love the pictures - looks like you had a great time! :)

    P.S. - We love you guys too!! All FOUR of you! :)

    ReplyDelete